To meet the deadline of 5pm CT to announce terms of new contracts, list of waived players, list of players receiving exercised contract options, and players in free agency, the Kansas City Current released the club’s offseason roster.
With the following roster moves, the Current have 20 players on their roster as of November 20, 2023.
- The Current exercised the 2024 option for forward midfielder Claire Lavogez.
- Defender Izzy Rodriguez is out of contract but has received a new offer from the club. Rodriguez does not qualify for Free Agency through the NWSL/NWSLPA Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) because she only only has two years of experience.
- Midfielders Chardonnay Curran and Rylan Childers, and defenders Jenna Winebrenner and Croix Soto are out of contract and the club has waived its rights to the players. They can sign with a new club when the Waiver Wire opens tomorrow until Wednesday, November 22, 2023.
- Midfielders Sam Mewis and Desiree Scott and defender Mallory Weber are Free Agents under the CBA and are free to sign with any team in the league, including Kansas City.
- Defender Addisyn Merrick and goalkeeper Cassie Miller are Restricted Free Agents. They are free to negotiate with another NWSL team, but the Current would have the right to match any offer.
- Last week, the Current traded midfielder Alex Loera to Bay City FC for $175,000 in allocation funds and protection from Bay FC in the upcoming NWSL Expansion Draft December 15.
Kansas City Current 20-Player Roster:
AD Franch, Jordan Silkowitz
Lauren, Elizabeth Ball, Stine Ballisager Pedersen, Kate Del Fava, Hanna Glas, Hailie Mace, Gabrielle Robinson
Debinha, Vanessa DiBernardo, Morgan Gautrat, Cece Kizer, Lo’eau LaBonta, Claire Lavogez
Michelle Cooper, Kristen Hamilton, Mimmi Larsson, Alex Pfeiffer, Alexa Spaanstra